The Sikhay 2019: Youth Community Service Awards is an award-giving body which aims to recognize the efforts of our youth, most especially high school students, for their outstanding community service programs and projects. Sikhay is an old Tagalog word that means fervor or zeal, and we are looking for high school students that exhibit this in helping and serving their community. The award is presented by APEC Schools by AC Education, an Ayala company.
what's in it for you?
WHO CAN JOIN?
This is open to all students who are currently enrolled in different private or public schools from Grades 7 to 12. He / she can be an individual or part of a school organization with projects and programs that contribute to the community. The project could be from any field or categories (Education, Science and Technology, Health and Well-Being, Environment, Risk Reduction, Disaster Management, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, Culture, Heritage and Arts and others) and must be a recently concluded or an ongoing program. Projects at the proposal stage will not be eligible.
- Impact of the project in others’ lives, families and communities.
- Innovativeness and creativeness of the project.
- Effective use of available resources
- The values the project promotes
- Promotes the spirit of volunteerism and service
HOW TO JOIN?
- Fill up the online application form by clicking on the button below. Application period is March 14 – April 30, 2019.
- There will be an initial screening. The candidates who pass this will be announced on May 4, and will be asked to submit additional documents for the second screening. There may also be phone interviews for the second screening.
- We will select 10 finalists from the second screening by May 13, 2019. The 10 finalists will then undergo a series of training and workshops to be hosted by our industry partners, in the fields of entrepreneurship, finance, technology, sustainability and more.
- The awards night will be held on June 15, 2019 at Circuit Blackbox, where we will award the top 3 winners.